Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fall 2012 Exhibitions and More!

Looks like the fall is shaping up to be an extremely busy season for me, with three shows already lined up and a couple more I am waiting to hear back from!!! This November I will be participating in two separate exhibitions as a part of the World of Threads Festival, you can find an interview I recently did with them here.
The first exhibition, entitled De rerum natura (On the Nature of Things) is a part of the World of Threads -Common Thread International exhibition, and will open at the Joshua Creek Heritage Arts Centre in Oakville, from November 2-18. This exhibition will feature the work of 35 Canadian and international artists working in fibre to create sculpture, installation and works in 2D. 
The second exhibition entitled, Interlace, deconstruct, the spaces in between will open at Telephone Booth Gallery in the junction and feature works by myself, Pam Lobb and Noelle Hamlyn. Exhibition dates to be announced shortly... 
And finally! I recently found out I was accepted into a site specific flag installation at the Lillstreet Arts Centre in Chicago! This is a seemingly perfect follow up for the flag project I just completed for Wave Your Flag, as it will give me the opportunity to expand on the work, to make a series of four.

Over the next little while I will be experimenting with new ideas and processes and also exploring ways of re-enforcing materials to hold up against the aggressive Chicago wind!!! More info and photos to come!

In the meantime, I will leave you with some images of Polychromatic dye prints I am sampling for interlace, deconstruct... enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment